• Name: Michelle Danette
• Web site: www.michelledanette.com
• Born and raised: Delaware
• Occupation: recording artist, entrepreneur, film composer, film director, screen writer,
producer, author and actress.
• Principal Instruments: Soprano Sax/Alto Sax/Native Flutes
• Music genres: Smooth Jazz, Gospel Jazz
An energetic and inspirational Gospel Jazz/Smooth Jazz saxophonist, songwriter, actress, film producer, author and entrepreneur.
Michelle has released three albums internationally with the most recent, “Melodicsphere” receiving critical acclaim in the US, Europe and South Africa. Michelle’s music is a featured nightly on Studio
1G ‘s International Radio Program hosted by James Wingate; and WVUD, University of Delaware’s, Smooth Jazz Mood Program with Dr. Gloria James.
A native of Delaware, USA, her music has been described by many as “energetic”, “powerful”,
“healing” and “forth-telling”. Michelle aims not to entertain, but to provide an encounter, through music.
Michelle’s music can also be heard on the following films: “Dimensions of Deceit”-2010; “37.5 –2009; “Location, Location, Location; a film by Charles Bailey -2009; “Rotten Eggs” a film by Ric Edevane -2008;
Michelle has played with or opened for Jazz/Gospel/Christian artists: Kim Waters, Eric Darius, Tremaine Hawkins, Alex Bugnon, George Benson, JaMaal Cubbage, Roy Fields, Betty Sea, Andre Hoxter, Pristine Raeign, Walter Finnerty, Danley Pyles and more.
• “Melodicsphere” (Remnant Sounds 2018)
• “Night Watch” (Remnant Sounds 2007)
• “Out of the Wilderness” (Remnant Sounds 2003)
• “Return on Investment” (DTI 2013). Writer, producer and director.
• “Dimensions of Deceit” (DTI 2010). Writer, producer director and original composer.
• “37.5 Cyber Defense” (DTI 2009). Writer, producer director and original composer.